This ground-breaking technology in medicine is brought to you by MediClinics Tampa and Dr. Bireddy.
Our online patient portal enables our patients a quick and easy process for secure messages with providers, prescriptions, and other healthcare information. We are pleased to provide our patients with hassle-free tools to manage their healthcare. We offer Telemedicine as a remote option.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is the use of telecommunication and information technology to provide clinical health care from a distance. It has been used to overcome distance barriers and to improve access to medical services that would often not be consistently available.
Transportation issues, taking time off from work and finding child care are no longer an issue for routine visits and follow-up care.
Real-time Telemedicine requires a live interaction between either a health professional and patient, or between health professionals, using audio and video communication.
With Telemedicine, you can connect with your MediClinics Primary Care physician anywhere, anytime. It’s simple, secure and streamlined—and HIPAA compliant.
The our high-tech telemedicine product, offers a host of benefits, including:
- Accessible -When you need to see a doctor, just launch the app or visit the site and login from your desktop or mobile device.
- Convenient – You can have a live, secure video appointment from your smartphone, tablet or computer with webcam from anywhere at any time.
- Trustworthy – Video chat one-on-one with a board-certified doctor.
- Affordable – Please call our office for pricing.
Why Use Telemedicine?
Telemedicine technology may be used for follow-up visits, management of chronic conditions, medication management, specialist consultation and a host of other clinical services that can be provided remotely via secure video and audio connections.
How does Telemedicine work?
Once you have chosen your doctor, you will be able to enter your credit card information. As long as you have internet access and a video camera, you can login to MedicClinics Telemedicine anywhere with a phone, tablet or desktop computer with a webcam.
First, you will need to create an account. If you have a prescription, the doctor will digitally submit it to your preferred pharmacy, so that you don’t have to wait in line. You can pick it up when it is ready.one-on-one video call.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages to Telemedicine?
- Convenient access to your provider
- Less time away from work
- Improved work/life balance
- Avoid potentially contagious patients
What do patients need to conduct a visit?
- Laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Strong WiFi or mobile connection
- Activate account through email or text notification
- Be prepared 10-15 minutes before the visit starts